The NWCCOG Elevator Inspection Program (EIP) inspects and issues permits for commercial and residential conveyances (elevators, lifts, dumbwaiters and escalators) to ensure safe conveyances throughout the region. The program began in 1993. Prior to that, most conveyances were not inspected.
NWCCOG member jurisdictions are invited to sign a “Letter of Agreement” with NWCCOG, agreeing to adopt the elevator codes for conveyances. Jurisdictions then agree to pass an ordinance authorizing the inspection service fees. NWCCOG’s elevator inspectors’ work cooperatively with each jurisdiction’s building department to implement the program in that jurisdiction. The EIP now serves Routt, Garfield, Clear Creek, Eagle, Summit, Pitkin, Moffat, Grand and Jackson counties which includes most of the cities and towns within those areas.
Left to right: Chris Vasquez, Bennett Schmidt, Angie Welsh, Cora Winters, David Pickett-Heaps
Documents and Informational Spreadsheets:
- Elevator Inspection Checklist
- NWCCOG EIP FEE SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE JAN 2017
- Maintenance Control Program (MCP)
- Monthly Fire Service Test Log
- NWCCOG AFFIDAVIT 2017
- NWCCOG PERMIT APPLICATION
- Conveyance Demographics
- State of Colorado Conveyance ID (CP) #’s – updated June 5, 2017
- 5 Year WITNESSING DUE DATES MASTER LIST– updated January 10, 2018
Elevator Inspection Site Finder – use this link to look up the Inspection Report for a specific conveyance
Directions to find reports on the Map:
1. Click on the symbol that looks like a magnifying glass to search.
2. The fastest way to search is by the unit/serial number.
3. You can also search by the building name or address.
4. The reports are updated after we receive an affidavit and/or the 5 year witness inspection is completed; however, the date of inspection on the report remains the month the annual inspection is completed.